COMPETITION GUIDELINES 2019
Ignite Africa Challenge is a platform centered on unveiling youth talent across our continent for solving the most pressure problems through high impact social entrepreneurship.
Registration and Submission
Eligibility criteria : You need to be African or based in Africa to apply. You need to be a student or 35 years or below as at the time of application to be eligible.
Team Composition : Teams must consist of 2 to 4 members and may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries, nationalities, etc.
Submission : Proposals must be submitted through the official Channels.
Timeline : Deadline for Proposal Submissions: June 10 2019 at 11:59PM (GMT+1)
• Announcement of Shortlisted Teams for Semifinals : 12 June 2019
• Semifinals: June 22nd and 29th 2019
• Accelerator and Fellowship Program: 15 July – 6 September 2019
• Finals: October 2019
Submissions will be evaluated according to how well teams demonstrate the following 4 attributes:
Next steps and benefits
Selected teams will be shortlisted as semi-finalists a panel of academics and experienced development professionals from public and private sector institutions, as well as the IGNITE AFRICA board. Selected teams of the first stage youth challenge get the opportunity to:
• All appropriate information must be cited.
• The submission should be sent in one accepted language: English. All submissions completed in a language not listed above will be disqualified.
• Submissions that do not meet the format requirements listed above will be disqualified.